Tuesday, December 4, 2007

London to Paris 2008 Fundraising and Col Galibier: Get on with it!


The bike ride from London to Paris I think will not be too much and I'm really looking forward however, the fundraising that's a different story. Where do I start. I've planned an auction of promises thinking that the auction will provide the majority of the funds. But actually getting started is the more difficult than it seems. I've started a brochure of items in an attempt to demonstrate to local business the potential advertising opportunity to my colleagues. I think this should work I just should get on with it rather than procrastinating about it.


Training last night I got on the Tacx with the ambition to beat it and get to the summit of the Col Galibier however, I didn't get on it until 10.30 pm so decided to listen to one episode of Ironman Talk and climb Col Telegraphe and to the foot of the Galibier.
Stop delaying and get on with it both re the fundraising as well as getting up the Col Galibier. Is the Alpine Classic ride an analogue of the fundraising efforts; or I'm just over reading into it.
Need to get a theme tune re Ally McBeal. Tracey, I don't think Ruby don't take your love to town is appropriate as a theme tune.
Lunch time run 8 km in 35 min.

4 comments:

Will said...

Hey

I am the little speck cycling in that Col du Galibier photo!

Good luck with the ride

Will
Cycling Challenge

Skippy Westbrook said...

Hi Will

Great photo and I didn't realise that a person was actually in it. I was after a photo of Galibier and the one of you was the best on the net. I've become a little obessed by some of the French Alp climbs. I sent my last summer holiday climbing Col de Forclaz relative short but a good one.

All the best.

Simon

Will said...

I watched the 2004 Tour de France up Forclaz (there are 4 Col de la Forcaz's - means narrow gap - guessing you mean the Annecy one). Great climb, short but Steep.

Forclaz>

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here londontoparis2008.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Research presents that almost 90% of all United States adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.