Wednesday, January 16, 2008

London to Paris 2008 : May try this more competitive race next year

As I've been looking at different London to Paris races/events that people participate; I contemplated to doing this London to Paris (London to Paris Cycle Tour 2008) cycle event however, I chickened-out thinking that I would be dropped off the back before the peloton reached the outskirts of London.  Secondly, I'm keen to be in Paris when the Tour de France arrive.  It was this event the London-Paris Cycle Tour that inspired me to do such an event.

The London-Paris Cycle Tour attracts riders from all over the world, indeed, last years winner was a follow Aussie.  The event sounds great and is known for its friendly, sociable atmosphere, hard riding and great spirit!   The London-Paris Cycle Tour is advertised as an unique 3 day “Tour de France” style endurance event for amateur and cyclosportive riders. It is a "professional event for amateurs" and is the closest an amateur will feel like a "pro" having full support, rolling road closures and covering 600km in three days.

Pretty exciting however something I may consider doing next year, let's see how I go this summer as June and July is getting busy and I am concerned how I'm going to feel physically come early August. June it all starts with the Blenheim Sprint Tri, a mate at work wants to get all our families together to go up to Northampton to do the Beaver Tri (2k swim, 80k, bike and 20 k run) in July, then I'm riding London to Paris finishing end of July then the next weekend I'm doing the London Tri were my target is 2:20 min. 

No comments: